Dogs have different sleep patterns and different timings. Some dogs sleep wherever they are comfortable and in any free space. But nowadays, foam for dog bed is provided for dogs as beds give comfort and a cozy room. Generally, dogs sleep 8 hours per day. They are also similar to human beings only. They need all the care a human baby requires. So a good and fluffy bed should be given to dogs to let them sleep peacefully without any issues.
Nowadays, more and more different foam for a dog bed is being introduced into the market according to the dog’s specifications, such as weight, height, health issues, and sleep patterns. A bed gets more comfortable only if there is high-quality and soft foam. The bed completes only if the foam is added, which adds much more comfort.
Types of Foam for Dog Bed
Many people know about different types of foam for dog bed. But half of the people don’t know about the different types of foam. Yes, there exist other foams according to extra beds. The different types of foam are:
1. Polyester Fiberfill
Generally, this is the commonly used foam for dog beds as it is soft and lightweight that can be carried away easily. Moreover, this is easy to wash and is cost-effective. This keeps the dogs warm and supports all types of dogs. This gives a comfortable sleep for the dog and is hypoallergenic.
2. EPE Foam Sheet
Also known as Expanded Polyethylene foam which is eco-friendly and free from plastic. This is lightweight and can be washable due to its waterproof material. The beds containing this foam keep pets warm and are also chosen for outdoor purposes.
3. Memory Foam
This is mainly used due to its comfort and support. Dogs need support during sleep that helps them from joint pains. This foam lets the dog be free from everyday problems and any body aches or pains. This is made of high-quality material, so it lasts longer.
4. Orthopedic Foam
This is also one of the best foams many people prefer. This relieves joint pains, body pains, and any other physical pains. It is also washable and provides excellent support for dogs, giving them a comfortable sleep.
5. Gel Foam
This is the updated memory foam version as the gel is applied to the memory foam making the bed breathable and adding fluffiness to the dogs. This helps regulate body temperature and is available for all dogs.
6. Shredded Memory Foam
Generally, dogs require support when made to sleep on the bed. This type of foam provides high support for dogs and is affordable compared to other types of foam. This is a good choice for dogs that need good help during sleeping.
Benefits of Different Types of Foam for Dog Bed
As mentioned earlier, many different types of foam are available with respect to beds. But there are some of the best suds that are being used regularly. Let us look into the top foams and their benefits. Memory foam is the best foam for dog bed, preferred by many people due to its comfort. With this foam bed, a dog can nap the whole day and can sleep happily.
The benefits of memory foam dog beds are:
- Joint support for older dogs: Memory foam dog beds are suitable for older dogs as these foam beds relieve joint pains and pressure. Generally, older dogs have body pains and are weak to move. So these dogs require a comfortable and supportive mattress.
- Improves their health: Dogs are super active and move here and there and play continuously. This leads to wear and tear of the muscles and joints of the dog. Memory foam bed helps in relieving the pressure and prevents wear and tear of muscles. This results in good blood flow and supports the dog.
- Gives a cozy space: Dogs are denning creatures looking for safe resting spots. Sometimes we look onto the streets where many dogs lie under a bridge or any safe spots. Dog beds should be cozy spaces for them to lie down and relax. Memory foam bed offers a cozy space to nap and sleep comfortably.
How to Choose the Correct Foam for Dog Bed?
Different foams have different features and should be chosen accordingly. Many questions arise for dog owners when selecting a foam for dog bed. Questions include whether the material is washable, whether the size fits the dog, and whether the foam is durable and reliable.
Essential features to be considered when choosing the right foam For dog bed;
- Material: Foam materials should be chosen wisely as the materials should be of high-quality and superior quality. Materials such as polyurethane increase their viscosity and density. Also, materials like latex and polyester are considered for making foam as these materials are washable and soft.
- Size: To make the dogs enjoy their own bed space and sleep comfortably, dog beds should fit their size, as the bed should not be too short nor too long. This leads to discomfort. So the foam bed should be chosen according to the dog’s size. There are different-sized beds for different-sized dogs. There are small, medium, large, extra large, and jumbo foam dog beds. Thus, giving you a lot of variety to choose from.
- Height: Foam height is the main feature to be considered when selecting a foam. As thick and high layers of foam are best suited for any dog bed, they give good support and softness to let them sleep peacefully without any health issues. The foam height should be 3 inches or up to 7 inches. The inches should be considered according to your dog’s weight.
Foam for dog bed is essential for any dog. As mentioned earlier, the benefits of different types of foam and why it is helpful for a dog bed. The foam makes the bed more comfortable, and all the comfort and softness come only from the foam. If the foam is thick, it enables the dog to sleep happily.