Sleeping comfortably and peacefully is essential for everyone. Dogs sleep more than 12 hours daily and need a comfortable space to relax. Bedding is necessary for dogs to have their own cozy space. Choosing a good dog bed with a cover gives a comfortable sleep, and the dogs also snooze throughout the day.
In the olden days, there were no beds specifically for dogs, and many dogs used to lie down wherever they found space and wander around the streets. But nowadays, dogs are also given equal importance in a family and are treated, giving all the benefits to them. A dog’s bed is the only requirement a dog needs, and a bed helps the dog relieve pain and pressure.
Benefits of a Dog Bed Cover
Dogs love to snuggle up and sleep in bed all day. To make this all happen, a good dog bed with a warm blanket is necessary as this makes the dog sleep comfortably. Bed covers keep the dog warm during winter and help to insulate their bodies. Dogs also need security and like to curl under a blanket during winter.
Here are some of the benefits of a dog bed cover:
- Relaxes your dog: A bed cover is a warm source of comfort that makes the dog relaxed and cozy. This soothes the dog and lets the dog sleep comfortably. Some dogs are given a bed to sleep in, but sometimes a dog needs a blanket to protect itself from the weather changes. Some dogs want everything they look at their owner. Similarly, they see a blanket and snuggle in the owner’s bed for a blanket. To avoid this, they should be provided with a dog bed cover to let them enjoy their own space.
- Improves sleep: According to some sources, dogs sleep more than 12 hours daily since they sleep more, so they should be comfortable sleeping properly. Because without a good bed and a blanket, some dogs feel uncomfortable and do not have sufficient sleep. Since they get tired after a long day playing and jumping, a good bed with a bed cover gives them a good long sleep and improves their sleep daily.
- Protects your furniture: If dogs are not given a separate space to sleep, they start to sleep under furniture or on the couches with a throw on them. This, in turn, spoils the furniture and the couch material. To protect them from furniture, a dog bed cover should be provided so that they do not wander around the house but instead relax in their own cozy space.
- Protects from cold: During winter, dogs feel cold and struggle to sleep in a bed. This leads to insufficient sleep and health issues. If a blanket is given to the dogs, it helps to protect a dog from winter. Instead of giving fur coats or jackets, it is better to give blankets to keep them warm.
Best Dog Bed Covers
Knowing the benefits of a dog cover is important and helps you choose the best dog bed cover.
Let us know some of the best dog bed covers and what role they play:
- Sunnytex waterproof & reversible dog bed cover: This is one of the best-selling bed covers with various dimensions and colors. Owners can choose the dog bed cover according to their dog’s weight and size. This is best suited for traveling and protecting dog crates and furniture. This is waterproof with two coatings that prevent dirt and any leakages. Its unique feature is that it is reversible and reusable and is long-lasting. This is so soft for the dog to snuggle comfortably.
- Fits ultra bliss bed cover: This is a waterproof bed cover filled with memory foam and made of cotton. Cotton materials are washable, so this bed cover is waterproof and easy to wash. The bed cover is eco-friendly since it is made of soft cotton and a pet bed liner that zips off for easy care.
- Dogbed4less heavy-duty zipper bed cover: This is also one of the best and most preferred bed covers made up of 100 percent cotton. This is sturdy and easy to clean, making the work much easier. Since it is a heavy-duty fabric, thus it is chewing-resistant and prevents wear and tear on the bed. This is available in different sizes so that it can be selected according to your dog’s size.
Points to Remember While Picking the Right Bed Cover
Choosing the right bed cover is the major part as it has some key features to be known about. When selecting a dog bed cover, features such as material, correct size, colors, durability, and waterproofing must be looked after to know the best bed cover.
Let us know more about these features:
- Material: Material does matter because some dogs get affected due to the material also. There are some materials that make the dog prone to rashes, itching and choking. Such materials should be avoided as high-quality material makes the dog breathable. Material such as cotton is most preferred as it is washable, along with that fleece and terry fabrics are also considered.
- Size: When choosing a dog blanket, size does matter because dog blankets differ from human blankets. Dog’s blanket should be chosen according to your dog’s size, as big blankets for small dogs make the blanket flow on the floor and becomes dirty. The bed cover should not be too small or too long.
Bedding is completed only if the cover is provided, and a good bed with a cover gives the dogs warmth, comfort, and security. Dog bed covers do play an important role in a dog’s life as they are also a part of a dog’s comfort and relaxation. To conclude, bed covers greatly benefit dogs because a bed is important to them as to us. Thus, taking care of the above-mentioned is really important to give your loved pet all it wants.